CFWPT Season Structure
- The CFWPT season begins with Week 1 of the regular season and will end with Week 14 of the regular season.
o Week 14 consists of a lighter amount of games and therefore will only be used to add to regular season totals and/or improve position in the standings. No Weekly Title Winner will be crowned during this week. 10 games will be selected in Week 14, including one bonus game.
o Week 15 consists only of the Army vs. Navy game, and therefore will be skipped, regardless of whether either team is ranked in the Top 25.
- Every week, CFWPT members will pick 26 games, one of which is designed as the Marquee Matchup of the week and will consist of the members selecting bonus picks for the game. There will be at least one game from the Thursday or Friday night game(s) included.
o Bonus picks selected each week are one QB, one RB, one Flex (WR/TE) and a Defense. The winner in each category is determined by the amount of tallies the person/group collects over the course of the game. (See Bonus Pick Tallies link on the CFWPT website)
o The 26 games are selected by the CFWPT President. The President reserves the right to disallow a team within the Top 25 ranks to have their game listed, should it be deemed there is a more competitive game on the schedule that would allow for greater pick parody amongst the CFWPT members
o Each set of games (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) has a pick submission deadline of 1 minute prior to the start of the earliest game of that day’s matchups. All picks must submit, in their entirety, by that deadline. Any picks submitted after the deadline shall be considered void.
- Every game that is selected will consist of a favorite (listed in all capital letters) and an underdog. The favorite is worth 1 point and the underdog is worth 2 points. The favorite/underdog is selected using Covers.com (line subject to change). In the event that there is no line on a game, both teams will be worth 1 point.
o If only one member selects a particular team in one game of the week when all others take the opposing team (i.e. one member takes Duke and all others take Kentucky) and that team wins (in this example, Duke), that member is awarded a Hero Pick. This Hero Pick is worth 3 points regardless of whether the team is a Favorite or Underdog.
- At the end of every week, the member with the most points is crowned the Weekly Title Winner. In the event there is more than one member with the highest amount of points, the member with the better EPP for the week is the Weekly Title winner. In the event that EPP is tied between two or more members, the final tiebreaker will be the member who selects the closest to the total points scored in the bonus game. Every member must include TWO total score tiebreakers along with their picks for the week.
o Winning percentage is determined by Accuracy, which is calculated by the number of points earned divided by the number of points possible.
- At the end of the month (September, October & November) the member with the most points for the individual month is crowned the Monthly Title Winner.
- At the conclusion of Week 14, the member with the most points will be crowned the Regular Season Champion. If multiple members have the same number of points, the final record will be used to determine the Regular Season Champion, followed by EPP, weekly titles and monthly titles, in that order.
- At the conclusion of Week 14, the top 6 members in the standings will advance to the Third Round of the CFWPT Playoffs. Members that are 9-12 in the standings will compete in the First Round (12 vs. 9, 11 vs. 10) with the winners moving to the Second Round of the CFWPT Playoffs.
- The First Round will include each matchup consisting of three games each, one of which will be designated the Marquee Matchup. Each of the three games will be drawn at random by the CFWPT President and Senior Advisor. Each matchup will require two tiebreakers to be chosen (total combined points scored in Marquee Matchup). Each team is worth 2 points each as there are no favorites or underdogs.
- The highest ranked winner of the First Round will play the #7 seed in the Second Round of the playoffs while the lowest ranked winner of the Play-In Round will play the #8 seed in the First Round of the playoffs.
- At the conclusion of the First Round, the four matchups for the Second Round will be set.
- The Second Round matchups will be as follows:
o #8 seed vs. lowest winning seed from First Round
o #7 seed vs. highest winning seed from First Round
- Each of pairing will be assigned three bowl games, drawn at random by the CFWPT President and Senior Advisor.
o Each matchup will have one game designated as the Marquee Matchup and each matchup will require two tiebreaker scores to be chosen (total points scored in the Marquee Matchup). Each team is worth 2 points each as there are no favorites or underdogs.
- The lowest seeded winner of the Second Round will play #2 seed in the Third Round of the playoffs while the highest ranked winner of the Second Round will play the #1 seed.
- The Third Round of the CFWPT Playoffs will consist of the following matchups:
o #1 seed vs. lowest seeded winner of the Second Round
o #2 seed vs. highest seeded winner of the Second Round
o #3 seed vs. #6 seed
o #4 seed vs. #5 seed
- Each of the pairings in the Third Round will consist of three bowl games. Each pairing will have one game listed as a Marquee Matchup and will require two total score tiebreakers be chosen for the latest dated Marquee Matchup. Each team is worth 2 points each as there are no favorites or underdogs.
- Following the completion of the Third Round, the winners will advance to the Fourth Round of the CFWPT playoffs with the highest seed playing the lowest seed and the two remaining seeds facing each other.
- The Fourth Round of the CFWPT Playoffs will consist of the following matchups:
o Highest seeded winner of the Third Round vs. Lowest seeded winner of the Third Round
o Two remaining seeded players against each other
- Each of the pairings in the Third Round will consist of four bowl games. Each pairing will have two games listed as Marquee Matchups, with bonus picks selected for each game, and will require two total score tiebreakers be chosen for the latest dated Marquee Matchup. Each team is worth 2 points each as there are no favorites or underdogs.
- The winners will go on to face each other in the CFWPT Championship. The remaining seeds from the Third Round and Fourth Round will be placed into bowl matchups deemed the best by the CFWPT President and Senior Advisor.
- Each bowl matchup outside of the CFWPT Championship match will pick the two of the additional bowls that occur during the period between the NCAA Playoff and the National Championship game. The bowl games will be selected at random by the CFWPT President and Senior Advisor. Both games will be Marquee Matchups with each member required to pick two tiebreakers for the latest played game in their respective set of games.
- The CFWPT Championship matchup will pick the National Championship game. Each team is worth two points as there will be no favorite or underdog. Each member must select two tiebreakers for the National Championship game.
- The winner of the CFWPT Championship Bowl will win “The Bo”, to be presented to them by the CFWPT President and previous year’s CFWPT Champion.
- The loser of the Trojan ® Her Pleasure Bowl must buy the winner a box of Trojan condoms.
- The loser of the Rivalry Bowl must wear something (t-shirt, hat, hoodie, etc.) of the rival of the winner’s favorite team.
- The loser of the Georgia Peach Bowl must drink a “Georgia Peach” shot, created by CFWPT Senior Advisor, Andrew Kurpis.
- The 2016-2017 CFWPT entry fee will be $20 per member. The payouts are as follows:
o September Monthly Title Winner: $25
o October Monthly Title Winner: $25
o November Monthly Title Winner: $25
o Regular Season Champion: $50
o CFWPT Championship Bowl Runner-Up: $75
o CFWPT Champion: $200